Friday, January 25, 2008

ouchie, my life hurts.

i am in quite the financial pickle.
my transmission blew up yesterday.
literally, the mechanic told me has it in pieces at the front desk.

so, it would be almost 3k to get a used transmission put into it.
lame?
yeah.

my car is worth more than that BUT i just know that if i put more money into it something else will go wrong.
it has 140K miles on it already...

so, i need to just cut my losses i think.
but, i owe $4,600 on it.
obviously, no one is going to buy it from me for that.

so, unless i can get a dealership to do one of those trade-in dealies where they pay off my loan i'm going to keep it.
and try to figure out how i can squeeze every last penny out of it.

and buy a new car in the meantime.
which i can sort of afford to do.
only issue is that there's no way anyone is going to finance me.
my credit is decimated.
totally not my fault, btw but that's for another post.

so, if i can scrape up around 15k i'm going to buy a chevy.
new cars have insane warranties.
and, i have a gm card so i'll get money back for buying one.
which is awesome.

worst case scenario with the old car is that i donate it to charity and deduct the blue book value off my tax return.
which means i don't get it back until next year and even then, it's only a portion of it.
but still, that'll probably end up being more than what i'd get for selling it.

i'm in such a precarious position right now.  it sucks.
if it wasn't for my grandmom, i'd probably live in a cardboard box by now.
i don't know why she keeps saving me, but i'm glad she does.
i'm not as self-sufficient as i like to pretend to be.

No comments: