Wednesday, January 30, 2008

having whitesnake stuck in my head can only mean good things, right?

i don't know whether he calls me all the time because he's lonely or if he just really wants to talk to me.

things are so different with him now.
and it isn't all an obvious improvement.
but i mean, it seems better.  overall.

when he asks me to come over he makes up excuses for it.
he never just says he wants me to come sleep over like he used to.
he makes up silly reasons instead of just saying he wants to see me.
and then i take them literally for the lolz.

and really, who knows how to take that?

the only thing i can compare it to is the fact that i used to make up excuses to see him instead of just saying it directly.  because i was nervous.

but why should he be nervous?

it's odd because now i say flat out, "hey, are you doing anything later?  we should hang out."

it's like a complete role reversal.

i just don't know what to think.
and it's nearing the time for me to ask him what's going on with us.
but i don't want to be the one to initiate that conversation.
i sort of don't want to have that talk at all.
but if we do have it, i want him to bring it up.
i hate being the nagging, girly type.

it's not even like i'm upset about anything.
or like i want a commitment from him.
because at this point i genuinely don't.
i guess i just want to know what he's thinking.

basically, what i've been feeling lately is that i want him to tell me loves me.
and just skip the relationship discussion entirely.
because i really don't need to hear whether he wants to be my boyfriend or not.
it's sort of irrelevant to me right now.
i just want to know that i'm not reading into his behavior anymore than is justified.
and that he does feel the way i think he does.
and then we can both say our "i love you"s and be done discussing things.
and just hang out and enjoy eachother's company without any weirdness.
or expectations.
or potentially dangerous conversations looming over our heads.

No comments: